For those with children, snacks are essential when satisfying their hunger, and contributing to their diet.” …..Samantha Jonas-Rongo
Healthy Pizza Snack Mix
With many sugar saturated cakes and fried, then salted chips lingering in our local stores and children’s minds, a healthy snack such as an apple or carrots are far too boring. I have a great recipe that is not only fun for a child to make, but it is healthier than an average sized bag of chips and cake like products. It is not only delicious enough for the kids, adults alike will also enjoy this easy to make snack.
- 1 bag (8.75 oz) Chex Mix Traditional snack mix
- 1 Cup Hormel Mini Pepperonis. For healthier results, replace with Hormel mini turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese or 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup cubed mozzarella cheese. Pre-cut or self chopped.
- 2 cups of Cheez-its or other cheese flavored crackers.
- 2 tbsp. of dry spaghetti seasoning
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Serve immediately and enjoy. Due to the dairy products in recipe, store any remaining in the refrigerator.
Bon Appétit! Samantha Jonas-Rongo