“In need of a quick, inexpensive, romantic dinner without having the time to get ready, cook, or make last minute reservations? Stay home, pop in a movie, pair a bottle of wine along with your favorite pizza, set the lights dim, light some candles and relax”…..Samantha Jonas-Rongo
With notes of apricot, white peach and sage, a wonderful sweetness,
and its vibrant and refreshing quality, it’s no wonder I, along with America loves
Moscato. It pairs well with many dishes and different food combinations. A glass is delicious alongside of green salads, seafood, poultry, fruit and cheese plates, sweet desserts and spicy dishes. Here are some pairing subject suggestions that I enjoy myself and I hope you will too. This is referenced and originated from my latest post, “My Love for Moscato”. Click Here To View “My Love for Moscato”.
Enjoy pink, red or white moscato during any of these enjoyments:
- BRUNCH – If you’re looking for a brunch wine, Moscato pairs well with breakfast pastries, eggs, pancakes and other brunch foods such chicken or even fish.
- COCKTAIL MUNCHIES – Crackers, cheese (hard or soft), and olives provide a salty counterpoint to the slightly sweet wine. Simple bruschetta is also a perfect pairing along with these snacks.
- FRESH VEGTABLES – The crispness of raw vegetables pairs well with Moscato.
- CHICKEN & FISH – Moscato is delicious with lighter chicken and fish dishes.
- CREAM SAUCES – Mild cream sauces pair well with Moscato.
- DESSERT – While moscato is far less sweet than other dessert wines, it has enough residual sugar to work with many desserts such as cheesecake or strawberry shortcake.
- FRUIT – A snack or dessert of fresh fruit, or a fruit pie is an occasion for Moscato. Peaches are a perfect match with this peachy wine.
- HAM – Here’s another fine sweet-and-salty pairing, whether it’s a baked dinner ham, a ham sandwich or ham-based brunch..
- PICNICS & POOLSIDE – Moscato is an ideal wine to sip poolside or relaxing at a picnic while cooling off from the heat.
- SALADS – Want a glass of wine with your lunch or dinner salad? Grab the Moscato.
- SHELLFISH – Sweeter wines like Moscato are a favorite pairing with crab, lobster, shrimp, scallops and sushi.
- SPICY FOODS – The slight sweetness of Moscato complements the heat and spice to pair with Asian, Indian and other hot cuisines, along with spicy favorites such as Spaghetti, pizza and garlic based dishes.
In need of a quick, inexpensive, romantic dinner without having the time to get ready, cook or make last minute reservations? Stay home, pop in a movie, pair a bottle of wine along with your favorite pizza, set the lights dim, light some candles and relax.