Learn to make, and enjoy this beautiful homemade ruby-red cranberry syrup. Use it for cocktails, margaritas, daiquiris, etc. or also over pancakes and waffles. This recipe makes approximately 3 to 4 cups of syrup, and can be stored in the refrigerator for up 6 weeks.
For Cranberry Syrup Recipe:
- 4 Cups of cranberries (frozen or thawed)
- 1 1/2 Cups of sugar
- 3 Cups of water
For Margarita Recipe:
Use all of the ingredients listed above for cranberry syrup, including:
- Agave syrup
- 5 tablespoons of white tequila, I prefer Patron, but any blanco tequila of your choice is fine.
- 4 tablespoons of orange favored liquor, (Not a triple sec) I prefer Bacardi O.
- Combine cranberries, 2 cups of water and sugar in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently with wooden spoon, for 10-15 minutes. Cranberries will burst naturally due to heat. If you press against pot with back of spoon, it will release more fruit, and mixture will thicken.
- Strain cranberry mixture through fine mesh sieve, adding up to 1 cup additional water to make more syrup. Press and stir cranberries against sieve to extract as much syrup as possible.
- You will end up with this beautiful ruby-red cranberry syrup!
- Makes 3-4 cups of syrup. Store in refrigerator for up to one month.
NOW FOR THE DELICIOUS CRANBERRY MARGARITA:
- In a shaker over ice, mix 3 1/2 cups of cranberry syrup, 5 tablespoons of white tequila, 4 tablespoons of orange liquor (not triple sec), juice of 1 lime and a squeeze of agave nectar.
- Pour into chilled martini glasses.